Whatever your job title is…you are selling something to some one. I am sure some readers are saying to themselves right now…I am not in sales.
Yes you are…
– Teachers sell to their students
– Parents sell to their children
– You are selling to your Boss
– Coaches sell to their players
– Dog owners sell to their Dogs
And so on.
More than ever… I have noticed a trend that Sales and Marketers although they are trying to increase sales or entice you to click content links or website pages….are trying to give an impression they are not selling.
As soon as someone senses someone is is trying to sell something..it could be a turn off and even somewhat passé.
No one likes the feeling of being sold or taken advantage of …but the other extreme is just as offensive.