I have worked from home for the last 20 years.
Both of my companies never had offices. Everyone who works for/with me does so remotely. Here are some tips for working from home…
1. Go to bed early
2. Get up early as if you needed to commute.
3. Get dressed….every day!
4. Make your bed….every day!
5. Create a space to work that feels like an office
6. Eat breakfast
7. Eat lunch
8. Take walks outside no matter what the weather is like
9. Pretend you are at your real office
10. Make time to have physical interactions with people
11. Do not allow distractions like….house chores etc. You are at work!!
12. Create routines and stick to them
13. Leave work at the end of the day….STOP working at normal time.
1. Treat working from home as a vacation or day off
2. Allow yourself to get distracted with house stuff..chores etc.
3. Eat more
4. Exercise less
5. Work more hours
You can feel guilt working from home. This can cause overworking. Because you do not need to commute…you may feel you need to work longer hours to justify working from home. This is nonsense.
Be mindful of overworking.
Use excess time to catch up on your life….not work.